RBC awards ten scholarships in two categories:
- For students majoring in disciplines related to the financial services industry
- For students majoring in disciplines unrelated to the financial services industry
Who Is Eligible?
You are eligible to apply to the RBC Indigenous Student Awards Program if you are a Status Indian*, a Non-status Indian, Inuit or Métis and meet these criteria:
- You are a permanent resident or citizen of Canada
- You have applied or are currently attending an accredited post-secondary institution in Canada
- You maintain a full course load that leads to a recognized degree, certificate or diploma
- You have at least two years remaining in post-secondary studies as of September 2020
- You require financial assistance to pursue your education
*Indian as defined in Section 2(1) of the Indian Act
How It Works
Applications and supporting documents are to be received by RBC by 11:59 pm EST on February 28, of each year. If selected, the applicant must provide proof of her/his acceptance to university or college and eligible status by July 31.
You will receive up to $4,000 per academic year for educational and living expenses for two to four years.
To receive the full amount for all years of study, you must attend an accredited post-secondary institution, have at least two to four years remaining in your current program of study, remain in the program of study we awarded the scholarship for and maintain a full-time course load and good academic standing. RBC requests confirmation of your full course load and good academic standing at the beginning of every fall and winter semester. This confirmation will be collected in a way satisfactory to RBC. You will receive the first half of your scholarship at the beginning of the fall semester. If you maintain a good academic standing, you will receive the balance in January. Please note that RBC reserves the right to change or discontinue this program at any time. We will honour commitments already in place if the program changes or ends.
How Award Recipients Are Selected
A committee of Indigenous academics and RBC representatives review all completed applications and makes the final selection of the award recipients primarily based on personal and academic achievements and individual financial need. Successful applicants are notified of the committee’s decision by May 30 of each year. All decisions of the committee are final.
For more information, please visit our website.