We had a fantastic turn out to our first Scholarship Workshop today. I am sorry for those students who we were not able to accommodate during LP block. We have more Scholarship Workbooks in the Career Centre and will be having another Scholarship Workshop in October. Date to be determined. Please see the attached Scholarship PowerPoint to review what was covered today and/or come to the Career Centre to have your questions answered.
Is your household struggling with expenses and university seems out of reach? You may be eligible for UBC's Centennial Scholars Entrance Awards. Learn more at: you.ubc.ca/centennialscholars.
We still have not received any applications for the Conservative Party Saanich Gulf-Islands Scholarship. One $500 award per school. Deadline is May 31st! Please see Ms Alexander in the Career Centre ASAP for details.
Applications are due before the end of the school day on Friday, May 12th. Lots of money to give away to deserving students!!! See the application packages outside of the Career Centre or drop in to see Ms Alexander for details.
VPVPA “For Generations to Come” Scholarship
Donor: Victoria Principals and Vice Principals Association
Value: $500 per recipient
Eligibility: One grade 11 student from each secondary school in SD 61, selected by each school’s awards committee in recognition of the following:
A student whose financial circumstance may otherwise make it difficult to pursue post-secondary training or education and who meets the criteria noted above may be given first consideration.
Note: dependents of VPVPA members are not eligible to apply
Donor: the Saanich Gulf-Islands Conservative Association provides this scholarship to a student currently attending secondary school in the riding of Saanich Gulf-Islands.
Number Available: 6 (1 for each secondary school in the riding)
Tenure: Any recognized university or college in Canada
DEADLINE – MAY 31st, 2017
The Union Club Service Scholarship recognizes a young person from the Greater Victoria area who demonstrates strong academic performance and exceptional community service with a local non-profit organization.
The scholarship is valued at $5000! and will be applied directly against the recipient's tuition account at UVic.
See the attached document for details or drop by the Career Centre for details.
The Gordon Head Lions Club generously offers two $1000 scholarships to be awarded to selected Lambrick Park students.
Who is Eligible?
Grade 12 full-time students pursuing a post-secondary program (proof of registration will be required by September 8th of the year of the student’s graduation from Lambrick Park). Students must be enrolled in at least 3 courses at Lambrick Park in each of the 4 terms of the school year.
These two criteria will be weighted as follows:
These awards will be presented to recipients at Lambrick Park Awards Ceremony. Proof of paid registration at a post-secondary institution must be submitted to Mrs. Bourassa at Lambrick Park Secondary by September 8th 2017, in the year of the student’s graduation from Lambrick Park. Cheques will be processed after receipt of proof of paid registration.
Receipt of this award may not be deferred.
DEADLINE: Completed application must be submitted to Ms. Alexander, in the Career Centre, by Wed, May 12th, 2017
Lambrick Park has thirteen District Dogwood Scholarships to award to deserving students. The intention of this scholarships is to recognize excellence and participation in a subject area. Students will receive a tuition voucher for $1250.
1. Students must fulfill graduation requirements by August 31st of their graduating year to be eligible for a Dogwood District Award.
2. Students must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of applying for the Dogwood District/Authority Award Scholarship.
3. Students can receive BOTH a Grade 12 Graduation Program Examinations Scholarship and a Dogwood District Award and can receive only one of each in their lifetime.
4. Dogwood District Awards are awarded to selected students who demonstrate EXCELLENCE in one of the following specialty areas: Fine Arts (Creative Writing, Visual Arts including Media Arts, Performing Arts including Dance, Drama, and Music); Applied Skills (Business Education, Foods/Textiles, Information Communication Technology, Technology Education); Physical Activity (not limited to Physical Education); Indigenous Languages and Culture; International Languages; Community Service; Technical and Trades Training.
5. Students can apply in two areas if they wish but can only receive one Dogwood District Award. If applying in two areas, students should spend the most time on their stronger area. They should apply in a second area only if they have time, so that they have one strong application instead of two weak ones. If their two specialty areas fit together, such as Visual Arts and Textiles, students could apply in their stronger area and include information and work samples from their second area.
6. Preference may be given to students who complete and achieve final marks of B or better in a MINIMUM of three courses in a specialty area OR two plus one course related to his/her specialty area at the Grade 10, 11, or 12 levels. Students applying in the Physical Activity specialty area may show proof of physical activities in the school and/or the community instead of coursework.
7. Students must include with the application: a letter to the Scholarship Awards Committee introducing themselves, summarizing achievements in their specialty area and describing future goals; at least two letters of reference in sealed envelopes from the specialty area teacher(s) and other references as applicable; a résumé highlighting the student’s accomplishments in his/her specialty area; and a copy of their Ministry of Education Transcript Verification Report (dated May, available from their school office). Please highlight applicable specialty area courses on the transcript.
8. All students applying for Dogwood District Awards must submit a portfolio to their school Scholarship Coordinator. The deadline for submission is May 12th.
Please see Ms Alexander in the Career Centre for details.
Scholarship PowerPoint presentation link.